Friday 5 March 2010

Out with the old, in with the ..........old?

Had a bit of a funny week covering a couple of sport's story's. Originally, last weekend I was supposed to be shooting a wedding, long story, but the wedding was canceled at the last minute. So I ended up traveling to Doncastor to cover the Doncastor Rovers v Crystal Palace game as it was rumoured to be the last game in charge of Crystal Palace for boss Neil Warnock. I like Neil Warnock, watching him on the sidelines, he plays every ball, kicking and heading the way rock fans play air guitar! Always gives the scribblers a good quote, he's a Yorkshire man and tells it how he see's it. The game needs managers like him, supporters love him!
After the 1-1 drawn game which, and as a Charlton fan it pains me to say it, Palace should have won as they were the better side, Warnock's press conference was for once quite dull, heck, he even praised the ref, saying he had a good game! He wouldn't say that it was his last game for Palace. He was gone by Sunday evening, announced as QPR's new manager on Monday with Palace announcing there new manager on Tuesday evening. By Thursday I was at QPR's training ground, which used to be Chelsea's old training ground out at Heathrow, shooting him in his new surroundings. A lot can happen in 5 days!
Just ask Portsmouth fans! That was the other story I covered last week. I started off doorstepping at Fratton Park on Friday, papping the administrator, Andrew Andronikou arriving, getting cheif executive Peter Storrie leaving and capturing fans anguish as the club became the first Premiership team to enter administration, probably wont be the last, though. On Tuesday I was at the High Court in London as Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs dragged them back into court, making sure everything was above board with the administration procedure as they had issued a winding up order. They have to go back to court later in the month, I suspect I might be back as well!

No comments: