Thursday 4 February 2010

Catching Up...Weddings

Never seems to be enough time to do everything I'd like to do and the blog has fallen victim to my lack of time management skills, must make a late New Years resolution to update it on a regular basis this year!
I had a very busy '09 with weddings, meet some great people in some new and interesting places. I'm going to start my catching up with a wedding I shot in September at Skinners Hall, Dowgate Hill in London, or as their website's strap line calls it, the "The Country House Venue in the Heart of the City"! Bang on, its a cracking place! Dowgate Hill runs beside
Canon St station in the City of London, with the Bank of England a couple of minutes walk north and the Thames a few minutes walk to the south.
A midday start as bride Helen didn't want any preparation's photographing, my first port of call was St Michael's church, two mins walk from Skinners Hall, which was Dick Whittin
gton's church. I had just finished the detail pictures in the church as groom, David, arrived with his best man closely followed by the guests. Helen was fashionably five minutes late and after the ceremony the family group pictures were shot across the road in a small park. As the guests departed to Skinners Hall, we had a quick trip down to the Thames for a few relaxed pictures, then headed up Queen Victoria St to get a shot with the Bank of England in the background.
The day had been arranged by wedding planner Penny of
Tigerlily Weddings (www.tigerlilyweddings.co.uk) who had everything organised, as we walked into Skinners Hall drinks were waiting for all of us! As Helen & David chatted to guest's, I got on with detail and candid images. My day ended after the first dance.
A fantastic wedding in a fantastic setting, I can wait for another wedding at Skinners Hall!

No comments: